In this section you are going to find quick but important information about London, such as: weather, population, demography, economics and other important data:
Important facts about London are:
- Geography: London is located in south-eastern England and is identified by its port on the river Thames.
- Also, if you want to be aware of events and news in London city, you must buy local newspapers where all the important events are posted every day.
- Population: 7,355,400 (2006 est.)
- Size: 1,577.3 km²
- Elevation: 79 feet
- Sovereign state: United Kingdom
- Constituent country: England
- Annual rainfall: 583.6 mm / 22.98 in
- Average January Temperature: 43°F
- Average July Temperature: 66°F
- Electricity: 240 volts AC, 50Hz; square three-pin plugs are standard
- Time Zone: Greenwich Mean Time (UTC+0)
- Country Dialing Code: 44
- The average body mass index of London is 25. If you want to calculate your BMI enter here.