is one of the most important cities in the world; it is the capital of England and the UK. The population of London is a mix of different ethnicities, cultures and religions. When you are in the London you will feel that the city is calling you and you will experience amazing feelings. Also, you can visit the most important places of London, such as: London tower
, Royal Botanic Gardens Kew
and many more. Check the guide so then you don't miss anything.
is the most important city of England; it is also the financial and political capital of England. You will have several opportunities to meet people who come from different places and visit diverse touristic attractions such as
London Eye, Tower of London, O2 arena, West End, Parliament, Buckingham palace and many more.
, located on the River Thames, is the capital of England
and the United Kingdom. It is considered one of the great world cities and a global capital of culture, finance, fashion and entertainment. London is also one of the most emblematic cities, the Bing Ben
, the Tower Bridge
and the double-decker buses
s are highlights that represent the city around the world.
The city is also famed for its cold weather; there is abundance of rain and fog in winter, meanwhile in spring and summer the sun appears and the sky is dark blue.
London is a fantastic place to both live and work.
London welcomes millions of tourists every year and often tops the table as the world´s most visited tourist destination. Some of these wonders are man made, some are accidents of nature... The next post will look at the top hidden historical London wonders
Reasons to visit London
Although the sound of its name is enough to want to visit this fantastic place, you are going to find other reasons to visit it. London is one of the most important cities of the world because of the quality of life that the city offers to the population. Other reasons:
- Past and Future mixed - While you are in London and you are walking, you can visit several places. Starting with the remnants of the old Londinium, you will visit the London Tower that is from the first millennium. After that, you can visit Winchester Abbey that was built before 1700's. You can also visit places from the mid century, like Tate Moderns. You can also visit Shard London Bridge that is going to be a symbol during the 2012 Olympics and the tallest building in Europe.
- Almost every art expression can be seen in the entire city, you are going to find a lot of places to visit it.
- There is an amazing cuisine, London is not pretty popular because of the food but some important chefs have recently opened restaurants in the area.
- Navigate through the amazing Thames, you just got to take a river cruise and you will see the whole river that will pass thru the whole city.
- Art expression, you can see important artwork from different eras, for example: the King Henri VIII portrait by Hans Holbein.
- Shopping, London can offer a lot of options where to shop because the city has amazing shops.
Green spaces, you can visit the Royal Parks of England. They are almost all green and you will feel as if you are in Paradise.
- You can get tickets to visit London for less money on autumn. Almost every airline offers a 20% discount off at this time of the year.